Very close to the centre of Athens, and a short ride with the tram are the suburbs of Faliro and Alimos.
Here you can find:
- The new and impressive Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), a project that includes the construction and complete outfitting of new facilities for the National Library of Greece (NLG) and the Greek National Opera (GNO), as well as the creation of the 210,000 m² Stavros Niarchos Park. It is located on the edge of Faliro Bay, and it is designed as a multifunctional arts, education and entertainment complex.
- Marvellous marinas, such as the Flisvos Marina, www.flisvosmarina.com (MAP 1, II5) and the Alimos Marina www.alimos-marina.gr. (MAP 1, II5), where huge yachts and amateur boats are mooring, while vessels are also available to rent.
- The Park of Naval Tradition (MAP 1, II5) where you can see the cable-laying ship “Thales Milisios”, which, until a few decades ago, laid communications cables in all Greek seas and an exact and seaworthy model of an Athenian trireme.
- A section of the most beautiful seaside trips on tram in Europe.
- Beautiful organised beaches, where you can enjoy swimming and sunbathing, and spend the whole day, with excellent dining options, or admire the sunset while sipping refreshing cocktails.
- Summer mega-clubs right on the beachfront that will keep you entertained up to the early morning hours