Greeks are very proud about their Meditteranean cuisine. Food is a kind of ritual since it has a strong social aspect. We can observe diet characteristics which are the results of the symbiosis between different cultures, for example the Ottoman Empire. So we can admit that food also has a historical aspect. Indulge yourself and feel the Greek spirit by enjoying the top traditional Greek foods!
- suitable for vegetarians, vegans
- stuffed tomatoes and green peppers with rice, herbs and olive oil! Juicy and very summer-y choice, coming out of the oven!
- feta cheese suits it perfectly!
- a great example of an Ottoman treasure!
- meat (lamb or beef) cooked slowly in the roaster, accompanied with rice or pasta, full of tomato sauce and herbs will drive you crazy!
- the famous spinach pie is totally connected to Greece!
- try the horiatiko phyllo which is thicker
- the magic of the Greek pies is that you can have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner… always!
- suitable for vegeterians, vegans
- eggplants, zucchinis, onions, garlic, carrots, potatoes and lots of olive oil hang out in the oven for about an hour. Then the apocalypse!
- so simple but so yummy!
- no need for greenhouses in Greece, so the vegetables grow naturally and become tastier!
time for a sweet!
- the magic words are: phyllo dove in syrup and fresh custard cream!
Bon appetit, Kali orexi!