The Panathenaic Stadium, also known as Kallimarmaro, hosted in ancient times some of the events of the Panathenaia celebration, which took place in honour of the goddess Athena. Built between the hills of Agra and Ardettos, in 329 B.C., when Lycurgus was responsible for the financial administration of Athens, the stadium was made entirely of marble. The Panathenaic Stadium is an all-time cultural and touristic symbol, as one of the most important monuments of Athens, and of Greece as well. Its rich past is inextricably linked to the modern Olympic Games, from their revival in 1896 until the Athens Olympic Games in 2004. It is also the place where the ceremony for the official handover of the Olympic Flame takes place, in both winter and summer Olympics. Created by the Athenians, as its name proudly proclaims, the Panathenaic Stadium has been a venue for noble competition and fair play, of body and mind, since Antiquity.